If you're anticipating mastectomy surgery, you probably wonder what your chest will look like afterward. You may also wonder how you'll look wearing breast forms or how you'll look if you choose to go flat. You may wonder whether you'll still feel confident and stylish in clothes.
The photographs in this section show women who have had single or bilateral mastectomies. Here, you'll find pictures of women's bare chests pre- and post-surgery, women in bras with breast forms, women in clothes with breast forms, and women in clothes without breast forms.
The photographs have been arranged in sets. Each set contains pictures of one individual. If a woman has contributed photographs of herself both clothed and unclothed, all those photos will be included in her set. The links to sets that contain photos of bare chests will be labeled as such. So, if you prefer not to look at pictures of bare chests, please avoid those sets.
- Bilaterals, with and without breast forms (includes bare chest)
- Comparative photos, with and without breast forms
- Going form-free, front and side poses
- After bilaterals, healed incisions (includes bare chest)
- Pals breast forms—alone, in a bra, and under a tee shirt
- Unilateral, with and without breast forms (includes bare chest)
- A breast surgery journey (graphic bare chest photos included)
- A 29-year-old chooses no reconstruction (includes bare chest)
- Vibrant and beautiful without reconstruction (includes bare chest)
- A lovely tattoo covering the mastectomy site (includes bare chest)